AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic Records
– Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel set the all-time FBS bowl record for rushing yards for a quarterback. The previous record was 201 by Dwight Dasher, Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss in the 2009 New Orleans Bowl.
– Texas A&M’s 599 total offensive yards is a Classic record, breaking the previous mark of 578 by Southern California vs. Texas Tech in 1995.
– Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel set a Classic record for total offensive yards in a game. The previous record was 407 by Graham Harrell, Texas Tech vs. Ole Miss in 2009
– Texas A&M gained over 400 offensive yards for the 12th-straight game.
– Texas A&M broke the SEC record for yards of total offense and is the first team in SEC history with 7,000 total offense yards in a season.
– Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel set the Classic single-game rushing record for a quarterback. The previous record was 164 yards by Texas’ Eddie Phillips vs. Notre Dame in 1971.
– Game attendance was 87,025. It is the second-highest attendance in Classic history behind 88,175 from the 2009 Classic (Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech).
– Oklahoma’s Landry Jones shattered the record for first-half completions for a quarterback with 23. The previous record was 15 by Rick Clausen of Tennessee in 2005. His 30 attempts is also a first-half record.
– Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel is the fourth player in NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision history to rush for 20 or more touchdowns and pass for 20 or more touchdowns. Others are Florida’s Tim Tebow, Auburn’s Cam Newton and Nevada’s Colin Kaepernick.
– Kenny Stills is now third in Oklahoma history with 203 career receptions.
– Oklahoma’s Landry Jones’ 10-straight pass completions set a Classic single-game record, previously held by three others (Texas’ Bobby Layne in 1946, Oregon’s Tony Grazini in 1996 and Arkansas’ Clint Stoerner in 2000) with eight straight
– Oklahoma’s 18-play drive was the Sooners’ longest scoring drive of the season (in terms of plays). 7:26 is also the longest drive of the season for OU (in terms of time)
– Oklahoma was the first team to score in the first quarter vs. Texas A&M since Ole Miss in the fifth game of the season. In the last eight games, A&M has outscored its opponents, 120-3
– Texas A&M’s opening touchdown drive was the 7th quickest scoring drive in Classic history (since 1949) – This marked the 18th time a team has scored following the opening kickoff (18 times in 77 years)
– Texas A&M has scored first in 18-straight games dating back to 2011 – Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel has set the Classic single-game records for total yards with 516. The previous mark was 407 by Texas Tech’s Graham Harrell in 2009.
– With the win, Texas A&M got its first win in Cowboys Stadium. A&M was 0-4 in previous games in the stadium. – The win gives the SEC five-straight Classic wins (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013).