Big 12 Baseball Report: Week 4
League Heads into Week Four
The league had an impressive week three, racking up a 28-9
record with several key wins over ranked opponents. Here are this
* Baylor, TCU and Texas Tech combined for a 7-2 finish in the
Shriners Hospital for Children College Classic at Minute Maid Park
last weekend. TCU went 3-0 while BU and TTU went 2-1.
* Offensively, Oklahoma leads the way with a .335 batting average
and tops the pitching statistics with a 2.14 ERA. OU’s Steele Walker
leads the league with a .429 batting ave. and .467 on-base percentage.
* TCU’s Luken Baker was named the Big 12 Player of the Week while
Kansas State’s Parker Rigler and Baylor’s Tucker Cascadden were named
the Pitcher and Newcomer of the Week, respectively. All three teams
combined for an 8-1 record during week three.
* Kansas State senior left-handed pitcher Parker Rigler was named
the NCBWA National Pitcher of the Week and Collegiate Baseball
National Player of the Week after he posted the first no-hitter in
K-State history since 1991.
* Seven of the league’s teams appear in at least one poll
nationally, including seven in the NCBWA poll. TCU leads with five No.